Thursday, July 9, 2009

The past 8 weeks- Recap

Since I am such a blogger slacker, I figured I'd try to update a little on life since Holden's arrival...
Big news- Makenna graduated from preschool! As her teacher, I had to read a little poem about how great it has been having your children & letting them go- as the mommy I was getting very teary trying to read that! I can't believe she will be a big kindergartener soon! She (as usual) got to be the "star"- she got to do the official welcome for the graduation ceremony.
Makenna & me just before the big event
Isabelle and Makenna love their baby brother & he is constantly in their arms. In fact, most of our early summer arguments were about who gets to hold Holden! I did get my turn whenever he got fussy or hungry.
Isabelle played softball again this summer- this year I didn't get to go to a whole lot of games, but my personal photographer- Lynda- was there to capture some moments for me.Having a little fun...
Any Makenna has decided she wants to play soccer. Actually, not just play- she wants to be the team captain (like Troy on High School Musical) and win a big trophy. I guess we'll give it a try in the fall.
Holden has had lots of visits from Lynda and Laura- and Laura is trying to figure out how to put him in a carrier & take him to work with her.
Makenna giving him his 1st bottle.
Isabelle went to Twilight Hollow (Girl Scout Camp) for the 3rd year and had lots of fun. She will actually be going to church camp next week- 1st time at sleep away camp. She is very excited!
Holden's "Oh" face- the girl's favorite! He is developing such a personality already- he keeps us entertained.


Bonding with Alfie- since he doesn't get to go over to Lynda's everyday like the girls did- he gets to go visit the Fluffy Pup. (And he makes a great pillow!)


NO- those aren't suppose to be capri jammies- he is outgrowing his clothes already!Happy baby...

The girls have also been busy with swim lessons, VBS, swimming, and being lazy! We also spent all of last week in Gulf Shores, Alabama with my family. I will (really) try to post from that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment